• Purchasing management concept
• Strategic planning concept, strategic importance and steps required.
• Problems facing the procurement process and the role of procurement management in characterizing quality.
• Types of purchase contracts and how to choose between them.
• Locate the purchased items in the "Supply-Positioning" hierarchy.
• Scientific and practical problems of procurement and Bareto analysis of purchased materials.
• Internal and external procurement list (importance - main sections - simplification - problems).
Local and international procurement methods
Main procurement methods to discuss the feasibility of each:
• Limited Bidding - General Tender - Practice - Direct Order - Negotiations.
• Methods and Purchase Policy: Quality - Quantity - Time - Price.
• Problems of local offers and international bids in imports.
• Local and external procurement procedures, documentary courses, suppliers' records, follow up of orders and control of appropriations
Documentary and follow-up plan of local and foreign procurement.
• Terms and concepts used in international procurement.
• International procurement procedures - Negotiation in international procurement - Payment methods in international procurement.
• International procurement services (transport - insurance - customs clearance).
• Legislation and regulations governing local and international procurement.
Dealing with suppliers
• The art of dealing with suppliers.
• How to analyze supplier costs for the right price.
• Evaluate suppliers and develop relationships with them.
• How the buyer can affect the supplier to meet your needs.
• How to choose the right supplier? The impact of choice on the success of the purchase.
• Negotiating skills with suppliers and how to develop your suppliers.
• Indicators and criteria of efficient supplier.
Purchase methods and procedures
• Procurement Planning - MRP - Study and analysis of bids.
• Determine the economic quantity of the purchase using the traditional model.
• How to determine the economic quantity when the supplier offers a discount?
• How to determine the economic quantity in the event of an expected rise in price? And the expected rise in price?
• How to determine the economic quantity in case the demand is stable? In the case of perishable items?
• Processing of urgent purchase orders: Methods of reducing urgent purchase - Reasons for urgent purchase - Elimination of urgent purchase.
Planning and organizing the work of the procurement department
• Administrative organization, procurement site and administrative divisions.
• Responsibilities of different organizational units for procurement and their relationship with other departments and related parties.
• Behavioral skills of procurement workers.
• Risk management to ensure that needs are met.
• Measuring progress in performance.
• Organizational dependency of procurement management.
• Organization of procurement management for total quality service.
• Addressing conflicts between procurement management and other departments.