A permit to work system ensures that formal validation and authority is given when
hazardous work is to be undertaken.
It ensures that all components of a safe system of work are established before highrisk
work commences, thereby controlling and reducing risk to individuals and the
The permit to work is also a means of communication and control between site
managers, supervisors, contractors and those carrying out the hazardous work.
- Purpose of permit to work systems
- The principles of permit to work systems
- Types of permit
- The typical contents of a permit to work
- The function and role of a permit to work within the overall risk control and risk
- The procedure for issuing a permit to work
- The cessation and termination of a permit
- The responsibilities of the issuer and receiver of the permit
- A certificate of attendance from proofing engineers.
- Certificate approved by American Institute of Professional Studies. (USA)
Designed for anyone with a responsibility to conduct permit to work, such as:
- Area authority
- Performing authority
- Safety authority
- Maintenance persons and supervisors
- Operation persons and supervisors
- Any other Workshop supervisors
The course contents are covered over a period of 1 full day at the end if which the
participants are assessed through a self-evaluation and a written assignment.